Tuesday, March 5, 2013

These are not the droids you are looking for

You can draw a line on the ground and put everyone in the world on either side of it. The line says "Star Wars", and the sides represent "Pro" and "Con." On one side, there are people dressed like Chewbacca, none dressed like Jar Jar Binks, and they all know that The Millenium Falcon is the ship that made the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs. If you are laughing to yourself right now because you know that a parsec is a unit of distance, not time, we are on the same side of that line. I am a geek. This is a fact I am proud of, and occasionally comes in handy.

The other night, completely out of nowhere, our  WiFi stopped working. I immediately went into helpless, techless-mom mode and called tech support at our cable company. After 5 phone calls, and 17 suggestions to unplug my router, I realized they may have improperly named their department.  That's when I remembered. I am not a helpless, techless-mom.  I'm one of the moms with nerd in my blood. I once beat Sheldon Cooper at StarWars trivial pursuit. I can do this!

No thank you Comcast.  I will not pay a $79.00 one time fee for you to wirelessly access my computer. I will do this myself!

I had to.  Not only am I supernerd mom.  I'm also the next Martin Scorcese.  Or at least that's what I've been telling myself since I saw Singles in 1992.  And, I say it like this "I'm only, like, the next Martin Scorseeeeeez..." I made a video. Well, sort of.

Ok. I'm not Martin Scorcese. But I did finally take my favorite pictures from our wedding and put them into a video on YouTube.  So...if you are interested, here they are. Unfortunately you have to be at a Desktop to watch them. I'm sure there is a way to watch them on mobile devices, but i'm certainly not calling "tech support" to ask for help. Maybe I'll get my nerd on again later and figure it out myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment